1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Path of the Bolter Witch [Barbarian Subclass]

Path of the Bolter Witch [Primal Path]

3 :- Hand of the Emperor
    You add your rage bonus to damage to any ranged weapon attack you make against a creature within 15ft. Whenever you use Reckless Attack, you gain advantage on any ranged weapon attacks you make against creatures within 15ft that you make before the start of your next turn.

3 :- My Sword, Hatred
    You ignore the Two-Handed quality of crossbows you wield, allowing you to wield even heavy crossbows in one hand. While you are raging, you also ignore the Loading quality and may load one-handed weapons without having a hand free.

6 :- My Armor, Contempt
    Whenever you use Reckless Attack, you also have advantage on saves you make against magic until the start of your next turn. In addition, you do not have disadvantage on ranged weapon attacks you make against creatures within 5ft.

10 :- My Shield, Disgust
    Whenever you would make a Charisma or Wisdom save, you may make a weapon attack against the source of the effect instead. If you hit it, you automatically pass your save; otherwise, you automatically fail.

14 :- Let None Survive
    Whenever you make a weapon attack with Advantage, you may forgo Advantage on that roll to roll an additional weapon damage die for that attack.

Spoiler: Old Version
    Show

3 :- My Sword, Hatred
    While Raging, you may treat any ranged weapon attack you make against a creature within normal range as if it were a melee weapon attack for the purposes of Barbarian class features. In addition, you may ignore the Loading and Two-Handed properties of any crossbow you wield, and may use your Strength in place of your Dexterity score for the purposes of attack and damage when making attacks against creatures within melee range with a crossbow.

6 :- My Armor, Contempt
    Whenever you use Reckless Attack, you gain Advantage on Saves against spells until the beginning of your next turn. In addition, you may make opportunity attacks with crossbows against creatures within melee range, and have +1 AC as long as you are wielding a Light crossbow in your off hand.

10 :- My Shield, Disgust
    You may ignore the Charmed condition if doing so would protect your Ideals or Bonds. In addition, you immediately receive an additional save to end any effect that would force you to act against your Ideals or Bonds. Finally, you no longer suffer Disadvantage on ranged weapon attacks due to a hostile creature being within 5ft.

14 :- Let None Survive
    On any turn where you've used Reckless Attack, you may make a ranged weapon attack as a Bonus action if you've already made a melee weapon attack with another weapon this turn, and vice versa. In addition, you may treat crossbows as if they had the Reach property, and may treat ranged attacks made with crossbows within 10ft as also being melee weapon attacks for all intents and purposes.

=---=

If you're playing in a setting that has guns, treat them as crossbows for the purposes of this Primal Path. Oh, and SoBs for life - if you can't get behind nuns in power armor, I don't know what to tell you.

13-07-2019: Almost three years later, I've revised this. The key changes are that I've consolidated the features for using crossbows, and I made My Shield, Disgust a little less weird.
    15-10-2016: Updated with some balance fixes. Among other things, Let None Survive doesn't let you mow people down with 5d10~6d10 damage Heavy Crossbow attacks.
    Last edited by Amechra; 2019-07-13 at 12:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!