Disclaimer: I haven't done any Paradox AARs, only a couple LPs in RTS games.

Now, with the disclaimer out of the way...

When I did my LPs, I found that I got faster with practice. As I got in a groove of how to talk about what the screenshots were showing and how to show what the text was talking about, it started to flow together more naturally. It still took a good bit of time and patience, mind you, but repeating the process over and over as the LPs went on led me to a sort of "flow" that made things easier.

As for editing the screenshots, how much editing are you doing? Screenshots don't have to be perfect or anything, and there's something to be said for the consistency that the images get when they aren't edited quite so thoroughly. On a related note, one thing I did was take a TON of screenshots - in my SC2 LP, for every screenshot I posted, there's probably 5-10 that went into the recycle bin. I found it easier to have several starting points to choose from before editing a picture, rather than only taking one picture and trying to force that to work, but YMMV.

In the end though, if you don't enjoy doing an AAR, then you don't have to do an AAR. That sort of thing isn't for everybody, and there's no shame in wanting just to pick up and play. You do an AAR because you enjoy doing an AAR