Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post
"Well... Afraid your brother will remain in the dungeon until the nobleman drops his charge, or someone can prove his innocence", the officer says, though in a less confrontational tone than before, "I know of Vindal, if you are his apprentice, that might have some weight." The guards continue their search of the room for a moment longer, coming up empty handed. "Fine, seems there's nothing here. We'll be going", the leader nods to Eglantine and Mrs Mellow and turns to leave with the others following his lead.
Eglantine stayed frozen against the wall, hugging Mr. Stabby. As the guard left, she let her accusing gaze fall on Mrs. Mellow. "Why? Why did you say those things? You know Rowan wouldn't hurt a fly.... And to accuse me, of making him?" Her voice sounded sad beyond anything else. "I'm going to go get my brother back now. And yes, I will pick the lock on my way in, if I can't get him tonight. He has the key." With that she left the room and Mrs. Mellow and went out onto the street, hoping to catch Vindal before he left the store.