Quote Originally Posted by Bears With Lasers View Post
You're going about it the wrong way. A low-level druid isn't a tank--his animal companion is! Get a war-trained Riding Dog, slap some barding on it (studded leather, then chain shirt when you can afford it) and he'll have solid AC and HP for his level. If there's two druids, your riding dogs can flank with each other. They'll be attacking at +5 while flanking, and if they're war-trained, they get the wolf's Trip ability, so they're likely to bring enemies down.

Prioritize your stats this way: WIS, then CON, then DEX. Use ranged weapons. Entangle is your friend, especially in a jungle.
Ah, just the man I wanted to see!

Riding dogs for the barding. Got it.
That was essentially my plan- use the animal companions. However, I was going to use longspears, as -4 to ranged attack into melee is pretty crummy, esp. with 3/4 BAB. We use a pretty high method of stat gen- 4d6, drop the lowest, then do that 3 times. Pick the best set. I will very likely have all positive stats.

Since I'm playing core, what should my feat selection be? I'm thinking scribe scroll and combat casting level 1, and maybe track at level 3, if there's no ranger. Otherwise, I'll go spell penetration.

Would power attack be at all worth it?
Are there any core huge animals with two+ hands?