Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
or ironic (the most famous example possibly being John the Fearless, so named because he was so paranoid of assassination he locked himself in the highest tower in Paris, although Pompey may run him close depending on your view of Sulla's sense of humour).
John lackland/softsword springs to mind as well (Both King John). Clearly John's are just ****ty kings: there's a universal rule there and I'm going to demand that all Empire monarchs called "John" take a minus 5 malus to all stats in the name of verisimilitude.

As to your general point, I think there was an opportunity missed in E2 there (obviously I wasn't in E1 where you do seem to have done that). In the majority of cases each province was given its own unique people and culture and an impressive list of sobriquets could have been built up there: Queen Kythia of 85Land, Sultaness of 86sylvania, Countess of 87ville, Empress of the mid nineties and Exalted Oligarch of 104istan. I had planned on doing that eventually but then I decided I was more focused on just having those three regions with the same ethnic group (let's put aside how well that turned out) so it never really became relevant.