View Single Post

Thread: Events at a big party for nobles

1. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Events at a big party for nobles

I have no idea if this is true (and it probably isn't) but I did hear of a Polish noble trying to show off to his friends by riding into a party with a sleigh on sugar. Given how expensive sugar was at the time, well...

So don't rely on magic -entirely-. Think of the most ostentatious, ridiculous, pointless display of wealth you can. Let's add bears in sequinned dresses! Wine fountains with elvish wine imported by Pegasus! Live birds in hair, why the heck not? And perhaps this court has decided on the fashion of having exotic people as retainers, so why not a court elf or gensai? Maybe even a court Fey. Jugglers with fire is also a good choice, maybe add some fireworks.

This wiki page might inspire you as well, since it is a probably true account of the crazy stuff nobles did.

Sure, it might just add flavor, but it could also go horribly wrong, so people are running away from panicked bears fleeing a flaming fountain of wine. If your players are the type, perhaps the thing that goes wrong is them, especially if a noble pays them money to wreck the event...They'll get pretty creative with disasters. Never doubt the destructive power of your players!

Another event to happen is a duel. Except in this culture they don't go outside, they do it right then and there. On the table, wrecking food because the servants can just bring out a few more giant pigs, right? Who cares!
    Last edited by Honest Tiefling; 2016-12-12 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.