View Single Post

Thread: Rules You Never Noticed

1. - Top - End - #93
    Banned

Default Re: Rules You Never Noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    I'm going to guess his problem is that Vaern is making crap up on the spot and then saying it as though it were fact, but that's just a wild stab in the dark.
    Well, if I ever creatively posted a sorcerer / silver pyromancer then claimed the extra slot feat lets me learn the 9th level paladin spell mass heal because the DM can rule 0 it for me in a thread discussing rules people haven't read I'd hope you realized I wasn't being serious just based off the irony of the topic.

Vaern's entire point, without the needless convolution and desperation to find something supportive, is more of a question of if a 9th level druid takes extra spell and chooses a 6th level ranger spell then what happens? And he provides the answer of homebrew to fill in the "gray areas" but if you disagree with that then he insults you for not having enough vision and I'm supposed to be the one with a problem?

I suppose Christmas can be very stressful to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrinblade View Post
    It's not a "rule", but a bard with 18 Int can have max ranks in every knowledge skill.
    But what about knowledge[psionics]? OA also added a few, S&F has Knowledge[code of martial honor] and ToB also added one. That one site I can't link has a couple uncited ones I didn't cover too so a couple more Int points are needed, you're probably better off using the Factotum for the synergy.

Does anyone have a complete list of all the possible knowledge skills?

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrinblade View Post
    A halfling under the reduce person spell is tiny and can therefor ride an eagle (such as a druid's animal companion, or a 1st level summon natures ally); giving a party some access to flight as early as 1st level
    Dire bats are medium creatures and have a small price tag so you don't need reduce person.
    Last edited by Mato; 2016-12-25 at 12:18 AM.