Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
A lot of Psionic damage powers have you pick the damage type. Add in a restriction to Electricity only use of those powers and have the rest of the
So I can only make homebrew if it's more or less the same as what already exists? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

This class has almost nothing to do with any existing form of Psionics. The closest you get is the vampireism stuff Psychic Warrior gets. Nothing else about harnessing existing energy through Psionics exists in
Control Flames alters prexisting energy. Yes, it's just one power, but that's still a precedent.

Controlling weather is quite decidedly a Druid thing, and has little to do with control over electricity. Manipulating existing elemental energies is a Druid thing, and there is nothing I know of in Psionics that does that. No Psionic version of Control Elements, or Weather Control, or Elemental making or anything involving manipulation of existing elemental energy.
The classes that can learn Control Weather:
Cleric, Druid, Sorcerer, Shugenja, Wizard, Wu Jen, and probably some other more obscure ones, too. That looks like just about every spellcaster who reaches seventh level spells. It's clearly not just a Druid thing. Granted, there is no direct psionic equivalent to Control Weather that I could find, but there are Control Winds and Tornado Blast which are weather-based. So again, that's precedent.

You are arguing that RAW's insanity justifies ignoring ... IRL physics ...
Yes.

... in-setting rules ...
When did I ever say or imply that? I'm not going around trying to force people to play this class. I made this for myself. If someone else wants to use it, that's great, but I'm not going to claim that people have to use it. That would be absurd.

Your ultimate justification for it being Psionic is because you feel like it being Psionic, rather than because Psionics is important. There is exactly one mechanical reason for going Psionic, and that's for the Psionic feats which don't do anything important for this class.
Yes. I made it psionic because I liked the fluff behind making it psionic. It works, and that's enough. Why does magic have to be the default for everything? I can make things magic without question, but the second I make it psionic, I have to have an ironclad reason for it? That's, frankly, ridiculous. If there was some sort of mechanical reason why it wouldn't work as psionic, then you'd have a leg to stand on. But when you try claiming that I can't use psionics because it doesn't fit your, apparently, very narrow interpretation of what psionics should be, then we're going to have problems.