View Single Post

Thread: New York by Night MtA (IC thread)

1. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: New York by Night MtA (IC thread)

Handing Bethany the scarf, the man says, "You are welcome. I'm Steve by the way." The scent of magic had definitely come from this man. He seemed cheerful enough, and this was strange for Bethany. She had never encountered another human being, outside of her dreams with such a strong scent! The burning smoke of wood fire practically wafted from this man.

Nodding towards Bethany's friends, who were already ascending the stairs up to the apartment door, Steve says, "Perhaps you would not mind talking for a moment?"

The girls titter when they hear this. "Perhaps we should give them some privacy", Hannah says rather audibly. "Come on", replies Alexis. The two drag Jean into the apartment building with them, leaving Bethany outside alone with Steve.

When the girls are gone, the man's eyes narrow, "Who are you?". The question is part curiosity, and part accusation. He studies Bethany like a cop might study an outer space alien that just walked into his jailhouse.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    So however afraid Bethany is of Steve, she is curious as well. She knows in her gut that he is similar to her, in that he is gifted with Magic, and as far as her memory allows, she has never met another person like him. Furthermore, his recognition of her implies that not only is he magical, but that he "knows" magic. This means he may be able to answer many of Bethany's questions since waking up without her memory.

Bethany may want to try to find out more about Steve, and she has several options to do this. I recommend looking at the spells available to Bethany. I also recommend reading about how she might use Mage Sight (available to all mage characters) to her advantage. Separately, she may view Steve as a threat to her safety or anonimity. If this is the case, she's in a bit of a pickle, since she can't just up and kill him... or can she? Wipe his memory? Maybe....

So before you respond, I want you to come up with a clear idea of what Bethany wants to accomplish, and how she may accomplish this. If you have a question, shoot me a text or ask in the OOC thread.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2017-02-05 at 01:40 PM.