1. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: The Psychotron PrC: The Augmented Killing Machine [PEACH]

Am liking the changes I see so far.
    Chassis: Skill points could use a minor upgrade further to 6+Int, or make the hit die d10.
    Close weapon system could be written "as a free action once per round the ~ can call into being or dismiss a masterwork version of that weapon".
    Energy Blast damage up- looks good. Damage is roughly on par with or behind a single sneak attack, which is fine at this point, making it a nice but not overpowering backup weapon.
    MDK Battery: Changes to progression look fine,
    Spells: Solid options, like the changes to flamethrower and lightning bolt (although Flamethrower is still limited by the fact that you need to spend actions over multiple rounds to get full value- giving up sneak attack. It's more of a utility tool than a weapon.)
    Lightning Coil is added- good pick, nice competition for the other choices.
    Sonic Boom added- also good pick. Damage is less, but better effects. It does fill some of the same niche as Sunburst.

Reconfigure- Good options here- interestingly, the powers seem to organize themselves in "range tiers" for fighters:
    Point Blank close in, Impact further out or with Diffusion, then Range.
    Bonus types are a little confusing, especially since they'll rarely come up.
    Nice option, with at least two modes (Point Blank and Impact) that I would regularly switch between. Range option has nice synergy with Penetrating Blasts.
    Unfortunately, it competes with Penetrating Blasts for swift actions, which I just noticed.
    An alternative might be variable damage and precision, like a Deadly Aim and reverse-Deadly Aim; you can choose to take a penalty or bonus to the attack roll of up to +/-3, taking double the reverse to damage, and change settings as a free action once per round.
    Also looking for a Overload Blast talent- something like the vicious enchantment.

Melee talent sorely needed, maybe replacing Deadliness:
    $Name: You gain an enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls. The value of the bonus is 1/3 your HD (maximum +5). Since this is an enhancement bonus, it doesn't stack with the bonus from magic weapons.
    Last edited by aimlessPolymath; 2017-02-07 at 12:13 PM.
    My one piece of homebrew: The Shaman. A Druid replacement with more powerlevel control.
    The bargain bin- malfunctioning, missing, and broken magic items.
    Spirit Barbarian: The Barbarian, with heavy elements from the Shaman. Complete up to level 17.
    The Priest: A cleric reword which ran out of steam. Still a fun prestige class suitable for E6.
    The Coward: Not every hero can fight.