Quote Originally Posted by comicshorse View Post
But what does the Gangrel get out of doing that ? Assuming he doesn't die to a cunning trap or a lucky bunch of local warriors the best he gets is the people move elsewhere which means he's denuded his own hunting grounds.
The potential gain is that they can claim lordship over an area as it's Jarl, Thane or semi-benevolent trickster deity that drinks half a persons worth of blood every few days, it's easier to claim a dot of blood from 5 semi-willing people every few days than it is to steal 3 dots from 2 unwilling people without getting caught, and while they would not technically have any rights to lordship over the area might makes right does apply under the circumstances. Rule by the strongest may not have been an officially endorsed concept, but many rulers ruled solely by right of conquest, which a reasonably strong vampire is very suited to do provided no one can rip the roof off it's dwelling and get it burned by the sun.

I'm pretty sure that's how Grendel dies in the saga of Beowulf
The parallel was not lost on me, but I doubt everyone's lucky enough to have a legendary hero napping in their hall every night.