Well hello everyone, I'm pretty sure anyone who knows me here know that I love paladins. I can explain.

Paladins are not supposed to be selfish or jerks. A good example of a paladin would be Captain America. I know this is going to sound very No True Scotsman, but I'm just getting that out of the way. Paladins are supposed to be holy knights who help rid the world of evil and help others. Also, comparing paladins to the Knights Templar is going to open a can of worms and close this thread at the same time. Maybe another place is good for discussing that.

Now that's out of the way.

For me, the paladin is what I have always wanted to be, and with RPGs I am able to express that. The paladin is a fearless knight who protects the weak and helps the helpless, while fighting his own inward corruption by adhering to a strict code of faith (which I'm not going into due to forum rules). Sure, paladins are still human (or humanoid, not discriminating against elves, dwarves, and other races) and are going to have flaws, but he not only works to combat evil outside, but also inside.

Also, paladins are not simply fighter/cleric. They have lots of things that both of them do not have. Such as
Lay on Hands
Holy Mount
Aura of Courage
Aura of Good
Divine Grace
Divine Health