Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
It could be good, yes... Though it would alienate the people who come for the face-punching. Which is not as many as you'd think but is too many to ignore.
Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
West Wing was great, but if it suddenly started focusing on, let's say, the Presidents body guard and there was a full season just of this secret service member doing advanced combat trying to rescue the President Bartlet from a kidnapping. Well, no matter how good the story of that might be, that isn't what a large portion of the audience expects to see when turning on West Wing.
Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
But in any case I think the fundamental point is that it's not a Batman story. Not really. A Batman story is about Batman, which is why Batman gets a disproportionate amount of attention and page-time compared to Bruce. A story which reverses the perspective and shows Bruce solving problems as Bruce and Batman is relegated to the background is a Bruce Wayne story, not a Batman story.
I suppose the closest analogue I could offer might be Gotham Central, a GCPD-focused series which had difficulty pushing sales through conventional channels but sold well enough in paperback form. More generally, the bat-universe has at least a dozen ongoing series concerned with various sidekicks, love-interests, or alt-continuities, so having a title substantially concerned with his billionaire philanthropist identity doesn't seem untenable.