View Single Post

Thread: Land Druid and it's AC problems

1. - Top - End - #517
    Banned

MindFlayer

Default Re: Land Druid and it's AC problems

Quote Originally Posted by Cybren View Post
    There's no reason given why a warlock has a specific patron
    I don't understand what you mean here. I thought the whole point of warlocks was that they gained their powers by making a pact with a patron. In some circumstances, it can be a pretty vague concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybren View Post
    or a paladin's oath has specific tenets.
    Because swearing an oath to do nothing would be rather odd?

Also, in both of these examples, the choice resides with the player (or his character, depending on how you look at it). The warlock gets to decide which patron to make a pact with, and (if applicable) can even name a specific individual.

The paladin gets to choose which oath (and resulting tenets) best suit him. Also, a paladin can break his oath and then atone later. A Druid is given no such option.

A druid gets no choice whatsoever. Land, Moon, Beast, it's all irrelevant. it doesn't matter if they grey up under a mountain or in a forest - they always refuse to wear metal armour.

Quote Originally Posted by War_lord View Post
    Large chunks of unrefined ore are natural. Forged armour plates aren't. Makes perfect sense to me that the class of nature priests would have a taboo against faithlessly protecting yourself with man's creation instead of nature's.
    But by the same logic, cow-hide is only natural on the cow. Surely working it into clothes and such is just as unnatural and 'man's creation' as working ore into armour?

Also, if they hate worked metal, why do they not object to using metal weapons/tools or wearing jewellery made from worked metal?

EDIT: As a question, how would you guys feel if that line was removed, and instead Druids were only give proficiency in light armour and hide?
    Last edited by Dr. Cliché; 2017-03-09 at 10:14 AM.