Quote Originally Posted by Tetrasodium View Post
underline & italics mine.

And that's a fine position to take, except the fatal flaw in attempting to do so is that whatever page or pages of RAW to support it are either so well hidden that after many many pages, not one of the vocal "RAW says druids will not wear metal armor" crowd has managed to actually quote it. Not even the most charitable teacher in early grade school when children are learning to write would consider "druids will not w ear armor or use shields made of metal" to be a "story", yet we have pages and pages from people pounding the table in demand that everyone accept it as a story of such epic quality that it overrides and and all actual descriptive RAW & story fluff within all other parts of the game no matter how discordant the resulting collision is. Not only is there no "story" to support it, there is neither "story" nor RAW mechanics to push back against a druid who chooses for whatever reason to make that choice that choice.
There doesn't need to be mechanics. The story is explicit and unambiguous: druids won't wear metal armor. No one is "demanding" anything, people are simply pointing out if you want to deviate from "druids won't wear metal armor", ask your DM.

My guess is the vast majority of DMs would be fine waiving it, or making it a superficial difference and give the druid non-metal analogs to most armors, or any number of things. But saying "I don't like it therefore I will ignore it" isn't a productive way to engage with the game when that sort of thing is explicitly the DMs call, and to be frank, while I would have no problem letting a druid PC wear metal armor in one of my games, I would absolutely not be okay with a player that unilaterally makes decisions about what is and isn't acceptable in the game, and if I did say "I prefer to enforce druids not using metal for [whatever reason i happen to have] and that player responded with petulant whining, I'd probably not invite them back to my games. That isn't tyrannical, that's just seeing childish behavior for what it is and not wanting to deal with it.