1. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Chef Optimisation Challenge in the Playground LXXXV

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    The "Force of Will" movement rules are in the 3.0 MotP. Although the rules are listed under the Astral Plane, there is text in other sections of the MotP that suggests this movement mode is available in any plane with "no gravity" unless the plane's description says otherwise.

The 3.5 DMG mentions "Force of Will" but doesn't describe how it works. *IF* the 3.0 MotP rules are still valid for 3.5 games, then they should still work on "no gravity" planes described in the 3.5 DMG.

I proposed a slight tweak to the rules to reconcile the discrepancy between the 3.0 Astral Plane having "no gravity" and the 3.5 version having "subjective gravity": the ability to choose "no gravity" as a possible direction for "subjective gravity", as "no direction" is still a valid direction. Helio approved this house rule for the purposes of this contest, but if I understand her ruling correctly, it's restricted to only Astral Dancers.

To make things easier, consider Astral Dancers to have a class ability called "No Direction" at 1st level (not to be confused with BSB or NKOTB). And to set my mind at ease, you may want to consider that Astral Dancers can share this ability with familiars, animal companions, special mounts, and any companion/cohort/mount that is obtained via a class feature or feat.

Thus, any other non-Astral-Dancer creature that finds itself on the astral plane needs to pick a direction for gravity, and subsequently falls in that direction.
    Spoiler: My build idea
    Show
    I was considering doing something along the lines of getting a custom demiplane (via staff of Genesis or whatever) with completely null gravity and anti-magic, then having my guy teleport people into the plane and beat them up.

I was more or less wondering if it would be possible to have a plane with no gravity where you can't use force of will.

Spoiler: On another note...
    Show
    How easily can I have an Artificer create a scroll of Genesis? Or a scroll of Word of Genesis? Can I do that before level 10?
    Last edited by 1pwny; 2017-03-29 at 04:56 PM.
    I do stuff.

I usually log on, look at some threads, post, watch for few minutes, then leave and come back the next day. If I don't respond to your replies immediately, don't take offence.

My Homebrewer's Signature