Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
New Movement rules hinted at.

I like them! Combining movement and running is a nice simplification. The "hit and run" thing is kind of neat - it neuters blobs and death stars a little. I wonder if " and crucially, enemies will be able to shoot at you!" just means they can shoot because you're no longer locked in combat, or do they get a free out-of-sequence shot?
So they've confirmed that there's no shooting into/out of combat. I have a slight worry that falling back out of combat will make Assault units too weak - if they can't stay locked in during your opponent's turn, there's nothing stopping them from just getting shot every single turn, right? If you can't get Flayed Ones stuck in with, I dunno, Fire Warriors or something, they're just going to get shot to death the turn after they charge. I wonder if some dedicated combat units will have a rule to prevent enemies from running away? In AoS it doesn't matter since you can shoot into/out of combat, but locking things down is such a huge deal in 40k.

Overall it looks good though. Running as part of the movement phase is perfect. They mentioned Flyers having a minimum movement on their stats - I wonder what that means for Hover Flyers? Maybe their Dataslates will be a little different.