1. - Top - End - #166
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Attack on Titan / Shingeki No Kyojin: What's for Lunch?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    I am not saying this takes place in actual our world, but Paradise Isle looks mightly alike Madagascar off the coast of Africa.

Spoiler block to keep image spam down

Spoiler: Images
    Show

Note this is how it is presented in the manga, aka the tail of the contient of Paradise / Paridis is facing the direction we commonly call North on our earth made Maps.

But if the flip the map over you get an image that looks like this compared to africa.

Before I show Africa noticed that this image is flipped upside down in the 2nd version and that the writting looks all weird because of it.

But...that's not how flipping maps works? You can rotate it, which retains the relationships between things and just changes the orientation, but you can't flip it, because that inverts the east-west relationships between things. That would be a mirror Earth, not just Earth turned upside-down.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    There is even a better map on page 4 of chapter 93 that shows much more to the "south". You can see most of Europe, a good chunk of Russia and over to India and Indonesia. The other way to can see part of South America, though that does not seem to be quite the right shape. Given the weather, I wonder if the planet may not have flipped over at some point and people are rebuilding from that.
    Wait, which map? This is chapter 93 page 4:
    Spoiler
    Show

That doesn't really look at all like Europe. Maybe very vaguely like Scandinavia rotated about 45° clockwise, but still not really, and Scandinavia isn't that pointy and doesn't have a huge island in the Barents Sea. And where do you see India or South America?
    Last edited by noparlpf; 2017-06-10 at 11:38 AM.
    Jude P.