Quote Originally Posted by okpokalypse View Post
If it's just a regular Dispel Magic, it's only got a 35% chance of dropping any effect from a CL 13 Caster. And since it'd have to be an area dispel, it can only Dispel 1 Spell per Target in the Area.

The odds of a Dispel Magic dropping any one Enlarge Person is about 15% considering two L6 Spells (Bear's, Bull's) and L4 Spell (Enlarge). By the Spells description, it affects higher-level spells first.

If it's a Greater Dispel Magic, the % of the Enlarge Dropping actually goes up, as the % chance of a L6 Spell being affected increases, keeping Enlarge Person buffered from the effects.

It's actually a brilliant strategy. As a Wizard (or any buffer), if you're ever stuck buffing large amounts of Melee'rs it always makes sense to have a few higher-level AoE Buffs to act as a Dispel Cushion for the Melee Buffs you don't want your allies to lose.

I do that myself with a Cleric PC of mine. I persist Righteous Wrath of the Faithful (L5: +3/+3 & Extra Attack) and Blessing of the Righteous (L4: +1d6 Holy Damage per Attack & Weapons are Good Aligned) as primary Melee Buffs. I also give a Heroes Feast (L6) before known large-scale battles to act as an Area Dispelling Buffer (as well as other moderate bonuses), and also do a Mass Spell Resistance (L7) right as the battle starts to be a dual Spell Blocker / Dispel Buffer.

Personally, I think Clerics are even better suited to this than Wizards are . I'd love to see what Durkon can do, other than the same old Thor's Might. If he's L13 as well, he could be ripping entire chunks of the Army apart with Holy Word, or Immobilizing it with a Control Weather. And he should very well kill the Lich in 2 shots with Bolt of Glory (L6 Spell: 13d12 Damage - No Save) x2.
Well, I'm pretty sure Durkon
Spoiler
Show
isn't going to take down Xykon in two rounds
, but I'm really interested in seeing what he does. I'm a little surprised there's no storm going already...