Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
My entire point of this post was not to nerd-off about this really cool place, but to point out the details matter, and the details matter so much that even if you think you understand all the details a small change can make a dramatic effect. Change the slope of the mountains of Cataumbo, or change the angle of the 3 sides so it hits at a slightly more to the right or the left and it changes everything, or widen the cove output area so there is no big lake of freshwater before it becomes saltwater and so on.

So my point of my long ass post is to tell the people to stop trying to critique a beautifulish story Hajime Isayama has given us.
Details absolutely are important, but I think your last paragraph sums up my thoughts: Isayama isn't a Brandon Sanderson. The setting is obviously important to some extent, but I don't think it's something crucial to the underlying story.

I like detailed worldbuilding. Again, Sanderfan!... but I don't think that Isayama's jam. He's interested in telling a story, and he gives us enough information about the setting to facilitate that... but I don't think he's planned out the world of Titania much beyond that.

And I don't mean that as a criticism! He's just a different kind of storyteller. It just makes me surprised/confused as to why people pore over his maps so much; I don't think knowing if this story is set on a past/future version of earth will really tells us that much about the conspiracy, setting and so on.

... but that's probably my own biases at work!

(Also, thanks for the above post, was interesting!)