Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post
Andi seems just as contrite as the rest in the most recent comic. Am i reading her expression wrong?
I don't see her ever having downcast contrition face in that comic. It looks like she always has wide eyed shock face. Her, "Yes, captain," face in the strip before arguably shows contrition, but I dunno that it makes sense to read it that way.

Andi doesn't know Bandanna's secret plans and obviously doesn't know what part of the airship needs to be prioritised. I don't think she should be expected to need to say the magic words "what should I fix first?". They were not in a normal situation where she ought to be expected to simply guess herself
Andi knows way more about what needs to be fixed. Unless Bandanna has really specific need for the functioning of a particular thing, and her "secret plans" absolutely didn't, she should just be fixing things. Same reason the pilot doesn't need to be told, "Don't stop piloting the ship, and avoid crashing into mountains." Fixing stuff that it seems like a good idea to fix should be Andi's neutral state. Berating Bandanna about how she should do her job differently, even after having it explained to her why it's being done the way it's being done, should be her basically never state.

- just as the steerer didn't when Andi was captain, however despite having more pressure being both captain and engineer Andi still chose not to scream in her face. Uncoincidentally, Andi remained conscious.
The pilot explicitly asked for direction. That's a normal thing to do. Andi failed to do her job and complained about the job Bandanna was doing. That's not a normal thing to do. You want to know what Andi looks like when someone comes even marginally close to questioning how she did her job? Read comic 965. And, hey, if you want to see how much not yelling Andi does when people actually question her, check out strip 1064.

Although, Andi did not untie Bandanna when she awoke you're ignoring that 1) the accidental mutiny already happened 2) Bandanna did not know the current situation immediately on waking 3) Nobody else descided to untie her when Andi went away to fix the engines 4) Andi had other things to do of arguably greater importance
She could always undo the mutiny. The rest of the crew were arguably mistaken in not undoing it, but that doesn't put them on nearly the same level. There's a ton of stuff Andi could do if she weren't absolutely taking the actions she was taking in order to enact the plan she had been talking about. For example, she could have just done exactly what Bandanna said she was planning to do.

If andi had baited Bandanna into knocking her unconscious and then Bandanna ignored their lack of engineer. I would consider that a bad thing. I think on the basic become-captain fron Andi made the best of a bad situation (of Bandanna's creation, but that's a distraction around Bandanna's reaction)
Baited. When Andi has spent strip after strip berating Bandanna over her basic decision making, even in the face of explicitly stated reasons, yelling at her for it is baiting. That's just an utter misreading of what went on.

I think the "People on her crew knew about the gun release capability" capacity is misleading. One person knew. And that was after being explicitly prompted by name.
We'll never know how close to mind it was for the crew, because Andi literally never asked a single time regarding anything even close. If Andi had asked even a single time, sure, vaguely secret knowledge that was only necessary because Andi failed to make use of freely available knowledge. But she didn't. Because she's a bad captain. Also, there were at least two people who knew about the capability, the person who recalled the existence of said capability and the person in charge of the guns.

Fixing the engine does not help her as much as it helps the crew since she struck the captain with a wrench.
I have no idea what this means. Fixing the engine helps the ship not go down. If the ship goes down, she probably dies, to the exact same extent that everyone else probably dies.