Hishka crouches down to speak more closely with wee Kuln "Ilthane is a creature of power, true. Redeye and the tribe were easily swayed by her lies. She came to us years ago from far away just as worms such as these ravaged our hatchlings. She promised aid, and through her presence the plague of worms abated. The dragon spoke of the wizards of the human cities and how they had sent the plague upon us to drive us from our lands. She spoke of revenge and conquest, and Redeye bought every word, building our strength for war. I see now that this was all lies. The dragon had brought the worms and used them to trick us into believing her. She was the cause not the cure."

To Kurnos and Keston he says "The time for fighting between Scaled and Scaleless is over. You humans hold power in words and paper. Tell your leaders at the fort to prepare words that bind us in peace. I will come to them within the week and place my mark on this paper, locking all talons and swords in peace.

You may certainly rest here and begin your trek back tomorrow. We will send some of our scouts with you to keep the Blue Feathers and other beasts at bay."

Marzena agrees "Yes, we should return to Cromm's Hold with haste, and then I must speak with Delfen of these developments. It seems a dark plot indeed is afoot and I shudder to think what may be next".

You spend the night camped in one of the nest chambers. The lizard tribe treats you with a surprisingly edible feast of roasted marsh snakes and sweet roots. Although still hesitant and reserved in your presence some of the warriors put on a show of strength and mock-battles displaying their fighting prowess.

In the morning you depart with a couple of scouts to lead you. Thanks to their skills the trip back is free from conflict. You skirt the webs of the giant swamp spiders and elude a large carnivorous dinosaur. Pteranodons fly overhead but you are able to take cover under foliage. They point out large predatory toads lurking in the reeds waiting to ambush unsuspecting marsh animals.

Toward the end of the following day you finally make out the tower of Cromm's Hold rising from the hillock ahead. The guides wave you forward and disappear back into the swamp to rejoin their tribe...

Spoiler: resting
Show
feel free to do any healing or other prep on the two days back