1. - Top - End - #912
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XXX: Imperium After Dark

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    So Storm boys costs as much as regular boys? Else the point is not really invalidated.
    Stormboyz are 2 points more, but have over double the Movement, and can Advance and Charge without a Warboss. So any savings you are getting are spent on the Warboss to get a similar effect.

Now if you want to run Boyz, you grab a Banner Nob, a Warboss and a Warphead, cuz then them moving slower isnt a big deal, cuz they have 5 attacks hitting on 2+. Im still going with Stormboyz as they dont need Character support.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    It isn't though. You play Orks, so let's use Boyz.
    You have a unit of 30 Boyz, let's generously say...9 of them are within 3" of the Objective. A single Space Marine walks up. One. Do you think that the Objective should be contested now?
    Another example could be to add up the number of points that the unit is worth, and add up the amounts. Except that would be needlessly tedious given that in Maelstrom there are six Objectives, and you'd have to calculate pretty much every single turn - both players'.

The most models makes sense. It's easy to figure out. However, it means that MSU is dead, and cheaper models are almost automatically better because you can have more of them with which to hold Objectives, and Objectives are how you win the game. Small, killy units, are for killing enemy models. Not for holding Objectives.
    This is all true, but i kinda like having MSU as an option. The problem was it was pretty much the only way to play, and so Hordes where kinda dead. Theres that GW swing again.
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2017-06-24 at 10:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel