Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
He could have done something interesting with the characters I have become invested in after several years of reading the comic instead of shoving them off screen to focus on the supporting cast doing very little of long term impact to anybody but themselves.
I found the mutiny annoying too, but am taking it as a meta-joke that, as the Order of the Stick are just passengers on the Mechane, what we're really seeing is the equivalent of a "crossover strip" where the Order are guest-starring in what would normally be Julio's comic strip. So of course most of the drama will come from something happening with the crew of the Mechane, and the Order are just there as a cross-promotion to get you to read their strip. Like if Spider-Man shows up in a Hulk comic or something. :)

After all, "ferry these adventurers through the pass at the request of the Captain who is taking a break" would be a perfectly reasonable plot of a Mechane-focused strip. I think ST:TNG had an episode like that, where Picard was on vacation, and Riker was left in charge of handling something or other.