Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
I doubt this is the case. If the Narns had won the war they would have happily done to Centauri Prime what the Centauri did to Narn. G'Kar is principled enough to obey the rules of war but what we're shown of other Narns is that they're willing to do anything to destroy the Centauri. It's really only after G'kar becomes a religious figure in his own right that this starts to change.
I disagree. We are shown the Narns as a very intelligent, honorable people. I can't see any Narn saying ''lets bomb the Centauri back to the stone age'' or doing things like ''the penalty is the death of 10,000 people including the person own family''. Did the Narns slaughter everyone at Rogash 3? No, they targeted the military things and then moved in. Even the Narn assassin guy was very polite...and was nothing like ''will killz you and your whole family..ahahah''. And no Narn captain would ever attack B5 for no real reason...like we will see soon. Sure we see some young Narns ''learn the wrong lesson'', but they are young.

I know it's cool to say and think ''everyone'' is the same, but I don't think the Narns and Centauri are the same, and the show shows this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
Have to disagree here as well. Emotion-yanking his harder to portray on screen than direct telepathy, but those we see him manipulate suddenly become his best buddies. That's unlike anything we see elsewhere in the show. The closest thing is the brainwashing of Garibaldi, but that's pretty explicitly a personality laid over the top using a process like the assassin from this season.

Planting phantasms is a different effect - you couldn't manipulate someone into giving you a gift, but you can make them think the floor is on fire. Also, if I'm recalling correctly that required the concerted effort of multiple telepaths to even do that. It's screwing with perception, not emotion.
I just don't see where he is effecting emotions. We never see it long enough to see if it's a charm person like effect that lasts a while...it sure seems like simple suggestion to me. Guess they could have done it better.

Well, it took many telepahs as most were P nothings, plus it also was not line of sight, if your thinking of the Telepath War.

And if you can make someone think the floor is on fire...you can make them think the floor is money soil and that if they plant their money in that soil it will grow into a money tree. Or if you want to nitpick ''that is not real'' they could be made to think a ''box'' is ''their bank/their safe spot to put money''.