As you approach the keep you spy a few soldiers on sentry duty atop the battlements. Given the small number visible, and the wreckage still strewn about the battlefield, it seems that the reinforcements from Daggerford have not yet arrived.

At the gate the guards salute. You notice them nervously with hands on their weapons and eyes darting to the deepening shadows about. "Sirs, Marzena, welcome! It is good you ave returned. Baroness Cromm will want to see you immediately."

Hustling swiftly past the remaining wretched injured and the few able-bodied soldiers you meet Piann Cromm in her quarters. After formalities you report on the incident at the Redeye tribe lair and the rescue of Marzena and the captive soldiers. At the mention of Hishka's offer of truce she nods thoughtfully. "A pleasing development. There will be much to work through, but a cessation of hostilities is a welcome development.

I'm afraid we have a more pressing issue though. Something - somethings - stalk the keep. One of those captive scalies was infected. Vile little green worms crawled out of it and sought out new hosts. Anyone they got to succumbed if they were lucky or otherwise became a new host, . The men fought as back best they could but the things are horrific and unkillable. We barricaded them in the dungeons but they keep breaking out and dragging my men off to their doom. I don't know how much longer we can hold them back."
She looks at you grimly.