Quote Originally Posted by Floret View Post
Well. Seems like your players want something different out of this game than you do.
Or, at least all of them who jumped at the opportunity to create combat monsters. Because, really, if they did that, then probably because that's what they have fun playing...

As for ideas on how to handle this?
Talk to them. Suggest building a more balanced team, discuss the problem, tell them that your fun is being limited by their style of play (At least, it sounds like it is). Maybe even allow them to create their new replacement characters with just as much Karma on top of the regular as they have earned so far - that makes letting go a lot easier (And maybe allow the mage to respec a bit, otherwise She'll end up utterly screwed).
I did. They created more combat monsters.
I haven't got a clue why they're sofocused on their combat abilities. The only two fatalitites we've had was when they met their first toxic spirit, and when one of them critically glitched a demolitions test. My fun has mostly been about them experiencing the awesomeness of the Sixth World. None of them are very familiar with canon, so I started them off in 2050, and we're just about up to the Universal Brotherhood storyline. I suppose I could use their combat-mindedness for an all out bug hunt scenario.

I guess I'll ask them what kind of campaign they want to play. I don't mind playing a merc type campaign, it's just annoying to play a "normal" campaign with their current characters.

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone.