Among my favorite character building tools are feats. Often put to the side in favor of the almighty ASI, feats can change the entire complexion of a subrace or achetype almost immediately. While those vital saves, DC's, & modifiers ultimately give a character a solid boost toward his ultimate potential in a certain class (more "you"), feats take the standard "wood, hammer, nails" approach that is ASI selection and adds in glue, welding, steel joints, windows, doors, hinges, insulation and weather sealant.

A rogue with booming blade and the mobile feat, for example, can go from ordinary to a becoming a long-term thorn in a DM's side as far as combat goes in just 4 levels. 3 if you take human variant.

A druid with warcaster can be very well protected from broken spell concentration in certain beast forms rolling at advantage. Add that to a gnome and you're rolling a good chunk of your saves at advantage after only 2700 xp.

Not game breaking stuff, but certainly capable of creatimg standout pc's in a party where others may be wondering if they really needed that 18 in strength or dex so soon afterall.

I realize a strong case can be made for ASI's own lasting advantages vs feats as well. 2 sides of coin. Both payoff and it's a matter of preference, really.

But for the sake of this thread, to separate it from some other general Xanathar Guide threads involving speculation and some confirmed additions in the works across the whole scope, I want to focus on feats. It is stated officially that new feats will be part of the guide. So...

What feats would you like to see? Perhaps some mechanics of another class available to all like Mage Initiate, Ritual Caster, and the Maneuvers feats offer? Something to make religion a more useful skill? How about a way to rage and use limited spells or even armor? Or maybe you know of a few confirmed/rumored feats that will be arriving?

For me, I'd like to see some form of the ridiculous lore mage concept implimented in a way that doesn't break the game so much. Like "Elemental Shaper"... you can choose 1 spell you can already cast of first or 2nd level and exchange its damage type for another damage type of your choosing. Turn that flaming sphere into a necrotic sphere, or magic missile's instant force damage becomes an automatic ice volley. Something along those lines.

I have more thoughts but I'll leave it there for now. Please feel free to share any official knowledge, speculation, or general wishes/hopes.