Quote Originally Posted by Mortis_Elrod View Post
I personally loved the racial feats we got UA, matter of fact i liked all the feats we got in the UAs. I'm hoping for those as well as some more racial feats for the Volo races, though with those it may make some of the races too strong. Besides that and a throwing and twfing and maybe some other specific weapon feats or fighting style feats I think some more creative feats would be welcomed. Not sure if people remember the downtime UA we had, but if we got some crafting feats that would be very cool, (besides the feats added in the weapon feat ua) or maybe some gishy feats.

I doubt we will get a lot more than what we've seen already though.

I do not want any class specific feats. I would prefer if the requirements were looser like: "The spellcasting feature" or "A fighting style" or "Extra Attack feature". That way it is still limited to a few classes it may be designed for but not super limited.
Totally agree on the UA racial feats.

I've been looking at UA as divided into two parts; the new subclass playtests (many of which will appear in XGTE), and then everything else... the weird spells oddball combat and rule variants, strange items and general WOTC column stuff like "Mike Mearls hates bonus actions so now it's cool & trendy to also suddenly be really annoyed by action economy" and then a few weeks later he offends all game rules ever written and puts out the most grotesque literary abomination the world has ever seen: The Pukefest Initiative"... talk about making combat take forever? Bonus actions no, but an initiative system that feels like a law school term paper as you read it is great? Huh? Anyway, I digress.

The point is... Of all the non PC option dribble that came out of UA over the last year or two, the Racial Feats were head and shoulders above the rest; IMO easily the best concept they released. Most other stuff was witger too overpowered by a long shot, too underwhelming/uninteresting, too comlicated and unnecessary, or it just felt like them throwing sh*t at the wall and seeing which clumps stuck.

But yes, Racial Feats I do expect to see. And look very forward to it.