Quote Originally Posted by PeteNutButter View Post
I agree that we need more feats for the other weapons. (Can I get a net feat?)

Oddly, no one has mentioned that we have basically zero caster feats. We have elemental adept, spell sniper, and warcaster. None of these feel like they have quite the impact on a pure caster as the martial feats have on the martials.

Good feats can be a great way to shore up the weaker wizard schools and cleric domains, or just weaker spell groups.
I like to think the Elemental Shaper concept I mentioned would be a great way to add variety and potency to many schools, domains, etc.

Also, not exactly an existing spell enhancing feat, but there is mage inititiate, which when paired with an existing caster, can add a lot to a caster's repertoire and really trick out the feel/abilities of a build. A wizard or Bard with Cleric MI, for instance, taking guidance, resistance, and Shield of Faith or Bless instantly adds utility, protection, and single or party combat buffs. Or a wizard with even moderate wisdom using bane against low Cha enemies improves his chances to cause them to fail dex or wisdom saves when it really counts.

But I also would like to see more caster-boosting feats. Some form of stat-pairing DC increase would be nice for multi-classers as well. Like "Willful Arcana" Add +1 to stat x. When casting spells that force a save of wis, dex, or con (choose 1), you can add half of your improved stat x's modifier to your DC.

I also like the idea someone mentioned about uber feats requiring a prior feat. Even stacking elemental adept with the same element to not only bypass resistannces, but maybe even do 25% dmg to immune creatures or increasing the element dmg you are already doing/force disadvantage on saves.

And where's a shield bash feat?