Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
Without being a bit crude, might I suggest you consider the differences between a "sports bra" and a "bikini top", and contemplate why the two garments are only superficially similar... both how much more the typical example of the former covers than the latter, and just why that might be...
Quote Originally Posted by 1337 b4k4 View Post
OTOH, short of using something like wraps/binding (which then get into restriction of movement / heat issues), it's difficult to build a "sports bra" (which relies on modern elastics) out of primitive materials.
It is equally difficult to build an equivalent of the modern-day bikini top, since they almost always rely on the elasticity of the material to stay in place and cover what needs to be covered. However, in theory a long scarf and a few ribbons can be as effective as a modern day sports bra, if your goal is to keep involuntary movement to a minimum, as long as you wrap and tie tightly enough. Not all women are built like Pamela Anderson, after all. Especially not those who spend their adolescence pushing their bodies towards peak physical performance - look at the average female gymnasts and ballerinas, for example.

Remember, our goal here is function, not form. If a female warrior's top priority when she dresses for work is to look sexy, what she chooses to wear isn't really the problem. So a non-elastic bikini on the amazon who fights alongside the bare-chested barbarian makes perfect sense to me.

I feel like I'm getting way too close to the realm of what the forum rules call "inappropriate topics" as we keep talking about this.. I should probably shut up now.

Quote Originally Posted by 1337 b4k4 View Post
Also, I would venture that given the gender marker of the person you're replying to, they may have a bit more hands on experience vis-a-vis the effectiveness and tradeoffs of various bra types than you're giving her credit for.
Please stop confusing things by using common sense like that.