Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
Submarines require large crews, most who likely aren't aware of the council.

Anyways, I like how this is all politics. The Vampire is trying to regain some pride at Maxima's expense, first by trying to sneak in, and then by making the meeting place inconvenient. But Maxima isn't having any of it.
I don't know how much of this is politics and how much of this is paranoia. And justified paranoia at that. The major issue here is that the active participants in the conspiracy are a pair of vampires. That puts Ingsol in a very tough position if he suspects anything. Revealing them (or even investigating them) would be devastating to the Vampire faction in the Council, but leaving them alone would risk destroying everything they've worked so hard to build. Especially with the burgeoning Super population, this is NOT a good time to make an enemy of humanity. Crimson was trying to be discreet by breaking in, not necessarily arrogant. The more people that know about this meeting, the more chance the conspiracy will learn of it. Limiting those who know to just his trusted daughter, the most trusted Super in Arc, and those Maxima trusts, is probably just an old bloodsucker being prudent. According to Dave, Crimson's expression wasn't meant to be trollish "U mad, bro?", it was meant to be uncertain. In the "We really need you to do this, but can't explain why yet and we don't know how much of hardship this will be for you. Please don't let this be a deal-breaker or an insult..." sort of way. Fortunately, Sydney is standing right there next to her, with newly revealed powers that render the caveat irrelevant.

Of course, it could also be a trap. Crimson may be Ingsol's "daughter", but she is not his thrall and admits to having a low opinion of humans. If she has signed on with the conspiracy, this would be a perfect opportunity to isolate Maxima and any trusted retinue in an environment where her powers are probably less effective. I rather doubt it, as the story seems to stress that there are both evil vampires and practical vampires ("good" is a stretch, but they're definitely being practical). Crimson being a traitor would really sink the "practical" side's stock in the eyes of the readers.