Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
In general, after you're done school you have a couple of common options:
- Bars/clubs and the like
- Group social activities
- Work
- Apps and online dating

You mentioned trying the first two (at least the second to a degree with your FLGS). Work can be a tricky one but I know a lot of people who met their significant other at work. These tend to be more organic transitions though from colleague to friend to significant other, rather than just asking people out. There's also all sorts of risks there so it is definitely something to approach carefully.

Otherwise the last one about online dating and apps is probably the most likely to be successful one. You're introduced directly into a pool of people who are also looking for a significant other. It's not perfect and you'll likely need to send many messages and not get many meaningful replies but its still something.

If you're opposed to that for whatever reason, other social activities are probably the best. Find your local community center and see what types of activities there are for people your age. Volunteering is also a possibility where you can meet other people.
I've tried online dating. Had more dates from that than anything else, but my luck and appeal eventually ran out and I stopped seeing any results. Never got past a first date anyways. I think I'm just inherently super repulsive in any kind of romantic sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Anymage View Post
Just for an example. If I told you that girls liked gym bros, would you be willing to become a gym bro?

Here's what lies at the heart of the matter. Making tiny changes and working within your comfort zone hasn't yielded any real results to date. The next logical step is to start making some more significant changes and step further outside your comfort zone. This in turn requires a willingness to take risks and jettison ideas that, in practice, have only served to hold you back.

So again. Using gym bro as an example and not holy writ as to What Women Really Want, would you be willing to make that change in the name of better situating yourself?
If you mean, will I change who I fundamentally am, then no? Because what's the point if you have to give up everything about yourself that makes you you.