Quote Originally Posted by lacco36 View Post
For the record, I'll ask you in a year if you decide to dump him (and proceed with the idea). And you'll owe me a chocolate if you meet someone
Honestly, if in a year I've managed to be happy in a good relationship, you get the best chocolate I can find. I suggest shaving it onto fresh strawberries and adding Devonshire cream.

However, what I meant is... there is a huge difference between "I don't usually meet people, but if I happen to meet someone who works for me I'll give it a try" and "I don't usually meet people, so I am fine with ignoring the possible romance to wait for Mr. Imperfect to finally slither to me".
Umm, no, I mean I haven't had a conversation with anyone I didn't already know since . . . probably Christmas? With the exception of one friend-of-a-friend who's now part of my tiny social circle.

And yeah, widening your social circle would be one of suggested steps if possible.
Alternately, I could write more books.

Good for you! At least you know what you don't want in a relationship!
No, I mean he already found and broke up with another girl since me, and I'm still having trouble with this decision.

Yes, I'm completely disgusted with myself, why do you ask?

Relationships usually fail for some reasons. It's a very small probability that the reason goes away just by "getting older". Also: review the reasons why the relationship failed. Can any of these be solved just by adding time? Realistically?
Actually, there's a reasonable chance for one or two, and even my common sense agrees with that.

Or would you need a full overhaul of your/his character for it to work?
Maybe? I honestly doubt it.

Well, I meant how it feels when you actually spend these few years. For no result.
How many years? Three, maybe? While constantly feeling pathetic and ashamed? (No, no it was not the same guy, I'm not quite that unable to look after myself.)

One more thing. I'll put it into spoilers, because it's somewhat... blunt and direct. And I will also most probably sound like a hole of a donkey
A little bit like. Then again, you said all the things I'd say to my best friend if she were in my place.