View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #1092 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #177
    Banned

BardGirl

Default Re: OOTS #1092 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbebatman View Post
    This is one of those cases where it's only a plot hole because you've decided it is.
    What do we know of his vow? He described the vow, he did not recite it-- we do not know the exact wording. But what we do know? Hel, a rational actor acting in her own interest believes that she can force his vote by having the council Dominated by vampires. Is that because she believes she can hide the fact that they are dominated from the demigod? Or because she knows that his vow is worded so that it does not matter? We don't know yet. But we know that she must have a way to deal with this issue that she believes has a reasonable likelihood of success, or else she would be taking a different course of action.
    I'd like to know when I "decided" so since I don't remember ever mentioning plot holes?

But since you raised the matter, it could be as you say, yes... or it could just be a hole in the plan, and Hel thought nothing of such things.
    Because that's how those holes work, glaring problems with a narrative that nobody accounted for, so Hel might just go "Oh crap" when Dvalin shows some common sense and refuses to accept a Dominated Council vote as legitimate dwarven will since it very clearly isn't.

Actually, that would be anti-climactic and pretty great.
    Last edited by Ganbatte; 2017-08-22 at 12:22 AM.