Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Samurai View Post
It's an analogy. Maybe a bad one. The greater point is that you can not agree with or approve of everything about a person, and still respect them, accept them, socialize with them, etc. The jump from "doesn't agree with homosexuality" to "this person doesn't accept me as a human and hates me" is astronomical in scale.

Because you equate "doesn't agree" with "hate" and "phobia". If you have no problem doing that, of course you have no problem calling everyone that disagrees with you a homophone.

Well, the OP does, that's why the thread exists. Segev was asking in turn how the OP would feel if the players didn't react positively. I think that's a good question to ask, because hurt feelings could be felt all around. It's something to consider, because the OP may be worried about making other people uncomfortable, and unknowingly walk into an uncomfortable situation for herself.

No one asked you to. The pretending is in the roleplaying. In my experience, sexuality is not something that's ever really explored at the table, or expected to be a thing at the table. So it makes sense to be apprehensive about making it an aspect of your character that comes up often enough to worry about making things awkward.

That would certainly "cause any awkwardness", to quote the OP, right? If you portray the sexuality, someone expresses discomfort, and it ends up hurting *your* feelings and making *you* feel weird.
Gonna stop you right there. I do not care if I make people uncomfortable with my sexuality or about accomidating people who dislike or disagree with it. Honestly? Screw those people with a rusty fork.

I wanted a delicate way to approach to topic of sexuality so I wouldn't be accused of shoehorning it in. If anyone feels uncomfortable with a gay character in general? I leave the group.