Quote Originally Posted by ve4grm View Post
And remember, this doesn't have to mean you don't see those friends at all. Just maybe sit out a bit more often than you would.

You can also try to change your perspective a bit. What I mean is, here are two good friends of yours, who are getting together with people who you genuinely know are good people. (I assume, since you're friends with both of them.)

Friends having good partners is, of course, great for them. But it's also great for you. You don't have to be worried if the person they're dating is an *******, or that they'll be hurt by someone malicious. And you don't get the stress of having a friend in a bad relationship pushed onto you.

So although it of course sucks that your crush wasn't returned, this sounds like the second best option?
Oh yeah, rationally this is a fine state of affairs. Alas, good ol' hind-brain hasn't quite caught up with the rest of me

And finally, if you're still having trouble, it can also help to have a spotter. Is there another friend that hangs out with the same group? Tell them the situation, that you don't want to come between anything, and ask them to tell you if you're being weird about it. A quick kick under the table can do wonders.
And this is a fantastic idea, as that actually is one of my concerns, and this is an eminently sensible course that I hadn't considered.