The debate is robust and vigorous as Marzena explains to Delfen and the rest of you what she knows of the worms. She recounts the history of the lizard tribes and how plagues of worms had occurred in generations past. That there have been further unsubstantiated reports of worm-riddled walking corpses indicating that the plague may well be more widespread than simply the lizardfolk of the swamp. You speak up and describe the infected lizardfolk that you encountered, the infested cavern of the dragon Ilthane, the dragon egg filled with worms and the draconic kobold guardians evidently placed to ensure that the tribes offspring would all be infected. Delfen mentions the cultists of the Ebon Triad and you relate your encounters with these fanatics.

Baroness Cromm frowns at the peaceful development with the Redeye tribe, clearly hesitant to put to much faith in any promise of peace with her long-time enemies. Nevertheless, with Cromm's Hold weakened and her troops in no state to take any offensive action she reluctantly concedes that the message of truce be acted upon. A messenger is sent to the Lords of Waterdeep informing them of events and requesting a negotiator be sent to progress the relationship.

As the night wears on Delfen continues to inquire but you sense that any great insights remain out of grasp. He mutters about "consulting his books" back at his tower. His frustration is evident as you all retire for the evening.

Next morning, you all prepare for the short trip back to Daggerford with Delfen and Marzena. Baroness Cromm and the grateful troops bid you farewell as you make your way back east. The discussions continue for the whole journey along the trail and as the summer sun starts to lower in the sky you see the rickety sprawl of Daggerford ahead.

Getting in to town you pick your way through the gamblers, miners and wretches and ensconce yourselves in Delfen's home. The wizards continue their debate and you are left to order food and drink to keep everyone going.

Eventually Delfen turns to you with a sigh, "There's more here that I just can't make sense of. I feel that we are on the cusp of something momentous, something that threatens far more than just this community. Here, I have compiled all of our discoveries, clues and suspicions. There is a sage I know in Waterdeep, a friend of mine named Dagsumn. Will you take this information to him and see if he can shed any light? It pains me to say it, but he has a far sharper mind than I for this sort of investigation."