So, I'm actually going to try out a small build for this. Tell me what you guys think. My twist on it is that I am going:

Paladin: 6

Wizard: 2

Sorcerer: 12

It sadly requires you to be a standard human with Point Buy, but you end up with passable stats of:

Str: 14
Dex: 10
Con: 14
Int: 13
Wis: 12
Cha: 16

By going Divination with the two levels of Wizard you gain the Spell Book and Portent. I figure I can have spells that don't require the use of my casting Mod, such as Shield and Comprehend Languages, and use my Wizard cantrips for utility while my Sorcerer cantrips are used for attacks.

With this build I'll still end up with 6th level spells and a 9th level spell slot, so plenty of smiting and casting will be available, and the Portent will give me a bit more say in if an enemy fails a spell like Hold Monster. Provided I roll low of course. My Strength would be low for a while, since this build does require War Caster to really work and once I get to level 6 Paladin, it'll be until at least level 10 before I gain another ASI. I also am unsure which Paladin subclass would be best for the build, especially since I am making an AL legal game. So no Unearthed Arcana, no homebrew, and no Oathbreaker Paladin.