Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
Certainly. I'd just finished seeing a teamup movie with many heroes, I was all ready to see the next Marvel movie where they'd focus on Captain BrazilAmerica and a couple of other characters, instead they introduce two new heroes, return old characters when the current Avengers lineup is enough people for a film, and in general seemed to try to fit both a solo movie and a teamup in the same film. It wasn't really focused on the Captain in my opinion, but the Avengers, and so I felt mislead by the title.

I mean, it's not a massive dealbreaker, but I get annoyed by the title because it didn't feel like it deserved the 'solo hero work' title (which, considering it's called Civil War, is idiotic, but they're my feelings).
Thanks, that makes sense if you're not looking for a team-up movie.
Honestly, it's literally 'there's no rational reason given'. It didn't feel like an argument between sides, it felt like a rational person going a bit too far and someone refusing to talk because he's been told that there might need to be some regulations. Tony does not act nice, and he does things he shouldn't, but at least there's a reason for his viewpoint.
I'm actually not even sure what people mean when they say Tony is acting like a jerk. What did he do? I feel like he's acting in charge, but he's sort of in a position to do that. It seemed like Tony was basically saying "We have to do this" and I don't think that was being a jerk. He was (arguably) trying to save Barnes as much as Cap was, just in a different way. I don't think Tony was being an ******* honestly.

But I also don't think that Cap didn't have rational reasons. He doesn't trust the oversight. Those will simply be *other* people making decisions, but still just people. He'd rather be the person making the call, not someone he doesn't know sitting on a governing body somewhere. The conversation gets interrupted by Peggy Carter's death, and then the plot of the movie happens (Bucky is framed, Cap goes after him). That changes the conversation somewhat because now Cap is breaking the law, now there are higher stakes at play, both Cap and Tony are put between a rock and a hard place (Cap between adhering to the law and saving his friend, and Tony between Ross' need to control the situation and the rest of the Avengers).