Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
Ah hello again. I'm going to be clear about my problems. First of all I have messed up my classes this term. I have not done the work for one of them and will definitely fail the class. The grade for the class is 90% papers and I haven't turned anything in. The other class is coming along okay. Just need to put a paper together. There is some stuff I should have already done for that but it can work out.

The other problem I have is straight up isolation. Last summer and the year before I tried to change how I approached people and I messed up both times. I've given up on the people I used to think of as friends. Some will probably talk with me in the future in a friendly way and even be happy about it. But trying to contact them is pointless. The people who I spent time with in Mexico were nice but I have decided I should stay away from them for their own good. That leaves one person I text somewhat often and can talk about depression with. One person who I have seen a few times on the bus lately who is nice. And one person who wants to be my friend but is as annoying as I am. Some people in my classes are friendly but I have no idea how to deal with that. Also a end group who I have joined through my sister.

In addition I am fairly seriously depressed. I just don't see the point of taking my meds. And I imagine myself screaming abuse at my therapist if I ever see him again. He wouldn't deserve it but over time I have become angry at the world and potentially prone to lashing out.
I am not qualified to speak for medication, and will leave that advice for other people. As far as friend groups goes, have you considered forming a work group and going on from their? It is a good way to build some form of a social group, and depending on the remaining length and path of your university career, a fairly constant group that can grow into a soldier friendship.

I am assuming you are in university/college for my advice, so you can potentially drop courses and have a bit more of a flexible schedule. If you figure you have missed deadlines to the point that you are unable to pass, can you talk to a course counselor about if it would be best for you to drop the course and retake it later? You probably won't get any money back this late in the term, but it might be better for your transcript. This also allows you more time to focus on your other courses. If you have other semesters left, talk to your counselor about taking a lower course load per semester and taking more semesters. This might be financially more difficult for you depending on your situation, but it will give you more time to focus on your courses.