View Single Post

Thread: Personal Woes and Advice 5

1. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Personal Woes and Advice 5

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    So I have been very down lately, a lot of self-hate and depression, I even considered suicide.

But I'm trying to get by, me buying some games I really wanted and reading some stuff that is really good is helping.

I also meet someone at work who is quite nice, he likes books, games and art but I just found out he is moving to Argentina soon.

So since I have nothing to lose I'm planning to just go and confess my feelings and admiration for him, but I'm afraid my lines will sound too self-centric, what you guys think? I mean it’s the perfect opportunity since if he doesn’t like I won’t have to see him anymore, and if he does well good it’s out of my chest anyway.

"Wow I must tell you my luck is really terrible, I finally found a guy who is fun, like arts, games has a Blanka t-shirt and is handsome, literally next to me this whole time and now he's moving to the other side of the continent, talk about bad luck, for me at least ;)"

Something along these lines, what you guys think? Am I making this too much about me and not about him? Or is it fine?
    A belated response, but trying to put myself as the recipient, and I am not sure if that would be the best way to do it. I probably would go more towards "Best of luck where you are heading. I am really wishing you could have stayed. It would have been interesting to see where we could have gone with this." Not those exact words, but I think in your situation it works better to focus on the "us" and the relationship you two have vs. him or yourself. But that's just my two cents, and Canada no longer has the penny.

Quote Originally Posted by Recherché View Post
    So things got a lot worse at my job from when I last posted. My boss ended up bullying me to the point where I was having suicidal thoughts, she threatened to fire me for having a panic attack and I'm 80% sure but can't prove that she installed spyware on my computer and was monitoring me. So yeah, I quit effective December 1st.

My issue now is what to say on job applications for reasons for leaving and whether I should or should not say they can contact my former boss. And if I say "no" what the professional way to explain what happened is.
    I would say no because there is no point in giving contacts to a bad reference. As far as reasons for leaving, you could say that you were treated unprofessionally by your boss and you found yourself in a unhealthy workplace.

My statement above regarding the value of my two cents stands for this as well.

Do you have a collegue at your current work you could puf as a reference that could verify the problems you were having?
    Last edited by Mith; 2017-11-30 at 08:08 PM.