1. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: What drives you initial character development

I do a mix of both, will also take the module or campaign type into consideration.

For pota my group is thinking of captain planet like characters, a genasi for each element and a human to represent heart/spirit but instead of stopping the elemental evils our plan is to become the leaders of each cult and the human to be our patsy/the straight man. Our characters believe they'd make better prophets instead of the current ones since we're of elemental heritage not a deformed human sailor, medusa, elf deluded into thinking she's one of those fancy winged elves, or a tiefling.

Class types are also going to be tied to each chosen element
    • Earth Genasi Champion Fighter (endurance like the earth)
    • Air Genasi either tempest cleric or storm sorceror (channel the fury of the storm)
    • Water Genasi Swashbuckler Rogue (Pirate)
    • Fire Genasi Fiendlock (refluff patron as Imix, kills things w/ fire)
    • Human Lore Bard

recently I'm inspired to play a Tequila Wizard. Saw the wizard eccentricities table in xanathar's and one of the options is most prized possession is a dried worm kept in a potion bottle and that got me thinking about the worms sometimes found in bottles of tequila.
    • Race: probably dwarf cause reputation for drinking. Can anyone think of any other hard drinking races?
    • Background: Guild Artisan (Brewer)
    • Arcane Tradition: ?
    Last edited by Moredhel24; 2017-12-06 at 08:30 PM.