View Single Post

Thread: What's your favorite headcanon?

1. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Dad built a water purifier that didn’t work, for people that didn’t need it, and then made it release radiation it shouldn’t have, to prevent it from falling into the hands of people trying to fix it. This killed the man who had no reason to sabotage it and didn’t kill Colonel Autumn, who had no means to survive. This put the Enclave – an army with no reason to attack – in charge of the purifier, which was of no value to them. Then the player entered vault 87 to recover a GECK, a magical matter-arranger that they shouldn’t need and that would be better put to use in virtually any possible manner besides fixing the purifier. Colonel Autumn, who shouldn’t be alive, captured the player with a flash grenade that shouldn’t have worked that was thrown by soldiers who had no way to get there. The final battle was a war between the Enclave and the Brotherhood of Steel, to see which one would get to commit suicide trying to turn on the purifier that neither of them needed. This resulted in more sabotage that threatened to explode a device that shouldn’t be explode-able, ending with the death of the player character, who had the means to survive but didn’t, and who was never given a good reason for doing any of this.
    How much of this is explicitly acknowledged in the game, and how much of it was inferred by you or your sources?

If you read this post out loud to the writers of Fallout 3, would they likely agree with most or all of it?

I just realized, given the thread title, that this might be your headcanon, but I initially read it as only a comment on Dad, not as your headcanon. I'm not sure what your intention was, really. I apologize if I'm coming off as rude due to not knowing what the correct interpretation of your post is.
    Last edited by gomipile; 2017-12-10 at 09:11 AM.