View Single Post

Thread: How to Play a Good-Aligned Character

1. - Top - End - #93
    Banned

Default Re: How to Play a Good-Aligned Character

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    .....I like how you protest against "wrong" ways to kill someone but don't actually protest against killing them at all.
    Is that the discussion we're having? No, it isn't. That's why I'm not going there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    by this logic, all wizards who use fireball, sleep and explosive runes, as well as rogues are evil. because rogues entire MO is playing dirty, while a wizard using sleep so that others coup-de-grace them is just being effective, and explosive runes is basically a remote bomb that triggers when someone sees the bomb, and fireball obviously burns people alive.

this also means you can't kill any regenerating monster that needs fire to die. like trolls. meaning killing trolls is inherently evil by this logic, no one good can kill trolls ever, so the world is overrun by regenerating trolls whose weakness is being burned alive or everyone becomes evil from fighting them.

also, by this logic, anyone who summons beasts whether they be druids or wizards is evil because they send animals to kill things for them all the time, so summoners are inherently evil even when they're summoning something like a celestial wolf to eat the face off of a demon.

so yeah. your calling a lot of effective tactics "evil" there.
    I've been using real world examples. Have you seen anyone in the real world use fireballs? No. You haven't.

But except for that, using sleep+cdg is definitely evil. Hands down, no holds barred, straight up evil. Wanna know why? I have no idea. But I know that having someone at your mercy, then killing rather than capturing, is evil. Killing anyone who is defenceless is evil.

Effective is often evil. As soon as you let pragmatism rule your decision making, you're pretty much sure to venture into evil land. It just goes straight back to Auschwitz, and ... why is that evil, they were going to die anyways.

Edit: That's actually a as decent a rule as any to live by - am I being pragmatic right now? Then what I'm doing is propably going to lead to an alignment change.
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2017-12-13 at 01:44 AM.