Spoiler: Rarer Races
Show

Spoiler: Planar Races
Show

Tiefling
Tieflings are people with fiendish blood. This means that they're generally discriminated against. They aren't going to have the population to seriously affect the world, and about the only special thing this setting gives them is areas with enough population density to make small tiefling neighborhoods plausible.
Tanarukks and fey'ri are basically halfbreeds between tieflings and orcs/elves. The latter also have a few drops of "terrible name" blood in them.

Aasimar
Tieflings but reversed.
Elbisualp sdoohrobhgien gnilfeit llams ekam ot ytisned noitalupop hguone htiw saera si meht sevig gnittes siht gniht laiceps ylno eht tuoba dna, dlrow eht tceffa ylsuoires ot noitalupop eht evah ot gniog t'nera yeht. Tsniaga detanimircsid yllareneg er'yeht taht snaem siht. Doolb hsidneif htiw elpoep era sgnilfeit.

Genasi
Elemental planetouched. They aren't associated with the horror of fiends or the respect celestials receive, but they're still weird. It's a nice counterpoint to the other planetouched, usually so charged with assumptions by their very nature...not that they'd be treated as normal people, mind. Humanity loves an outgroup, and I don't see why dwarves or halflings or orcs would be any different. And they're really, really rare.

Githwhatever
Githyanki are more warlike and paranoid, githzeri more peaceful and enlightened, but they both have something in common which makes them interesting for this setting. Both were one slaves, and both were transformed from their original shapes into something else. While not all cultures abhor the types of injustices visited upon them (look at how Europeans, proud of their tradition of martyrdom and exaggerations of ancient Roman persecution, treated essentially everyone else for a few centuries after colonialism started), but it's not hard to see them pushing back against both City-Statue expansion and Stitchery. Shame that they're in other worlds.
Planar travel might be a bit of a problem after all...

Eladrin
I'm not hugely familiar with these guys. Mr. Welch called them the Elves 2.0, and from what fluff I can find, that's pretty accurate. A bit less nature and a bit more magic and general superiority, but...elfy.

Azer
Warlike, communalist, and chaotic; the azer don't get a very detailed description. If they were common on the material plane, I'd expect their society to be much like hobgoblin society, except much warmer. In Statue-Cities, they might end up being covered by laws restricting dwarves, but might be able to find work as smiths. Or at least space heaters.
Hm...an azer butler would be able to clean your house and keep it warm! He couldn't go anywhere with anything flammable, though...I'm sure you could design a mansion around it.

Jaebrin
Genie/fey hybrids several generations down. Have great proficiency with manipulation and enchantment magic; they're also cannibals and depraved hedonists. They make pretty good bogeymen, especially in the Statue-Cities, as their evil behaviors serve as symbols for the evils committed by the upper crust.

Rogue Modrons
Alright, these are amusing. The idea of a de facto robot drone who is treated as incurably corrupted by its peers while seeming basically identical to outsiders does resemble some unfortunate real-world stereotypes that you need to be careful with when dealing with fictional races, but the idea is funny enough that I'd be willing to put in the work to avoid raising such implications.
The problem is that I'm not sure how they'd fit in. Primus would need to be refluffed heavily, transitioned from a deus ex nihilo deal to the deus ex anthropotita which this setting works on. But, again, I'd be willing to put in the work.

Neraphim
Another one of those not-quite-planetouched races. Much the same stuff applies to them.
They have their own society as Limbo hunter-gatherers, which is pretty neat.

Mephlings
Yet more elementally-inclined peoples, this time with inbuilt wanderlust and four nations subtypes. No word on whether there are rare mephlings who can control all our elements.

Janni
The core semi-genie, these are rather less interesting than Jaebrin.

Bauriars
Planar satyrs.

Rakshasas
"Solitary, sorcerous shapeshifters." That's a phrase showing up on Wikipedia describing rakshasas, and that seems like an adequate summary. That first word is also important; rare, solitary forces of darkness have a limited impact on the world.

Dusklings
Nomadic Incarnum-infused fey who wander throughout the planes. I don't see any huge reason to focus on these.

Hellbred
Damned souls who realized their mistakes too late to truly change their ways, but early enough for the forces of good to give them a second chance. It's a fascinating concept, but between their rarity and the fact that none of this actually intersects with setting-specific issues, I again see no reason to focus on these.

Shadowswyft
The name's silly and the concept's dull. Shadow-planetouched, I guess.

Buomman
Humans who went to the Astral Plane and became moaning monks. Githzeri without the cool special abilities or level adjustment.

Spikers, Bladelings
Most of the time, when WotC remakes a concept, they don't admit it. They did here! These guys are covered in spikes and blades, and like to fight.

Spoiler: Odd Races
Show

Races who I didn't feel would be common or widespread enough to justify putting them in other categories. That, or I couldn't figure out where to put them.

Spellscales
The children of sorcerers, with their magical heritage written in draconic scales over their bodies and flowing through their veins. They also have a distinctive psychological element, which I normally dislike in races--especially races which live among others with different personalities--but here the personality jumps out at me. It strikes me as close to a stereotypical upper-class snob, caring more about their own well-being and their hobbies than anything else.
I could imagine an elite full of spellscales, the children of sorcerous Heralds and arcanist guildmasters and the like, playing games with each other and the rest of the upper crust. It's an interesting concept.

Hadozee
Monkey-men who are noted as skilled sailors. They're sort of aquatic races, but they don't live in aqua, so they don't count. Still, a race of sailors would be pretty useful. Even if most ships didn't have them, they'd still be reasonably well-regarded by those who respect or rely on sailors.
Hadozee would likely either be pressed into service for one god of another, or be pagans bringing personal gods from port to port. Hadozee-majority ships might be viewed as little better than smugglers, trading without regard for the rivalries of neighboring gods...and they might not be completely wrong, either.

Illumians
Illumians are, essentially, humans who brought some mystical language into themselves, and now have floaty runes around their heads and some neat magic powers and whatnot. Also, they're good at multiclassing. Illumians like to live in small enclaves, separated from civilization, where they can pursue their interests and studies in peace.
The power offered by the Illumian language would doubtless interest many people, and they might provide innovation comparable to gnomes (perhaps lower in quantity, but with higher chances of being useful). They aren't likely to want to work for guilds, preferring their enclave's government, but they would certainly accept jobs from them.

Mongrelfolk
Heinz hybrids of many races, including some monsters as distant ancestors. Mongrelfolk would likely arise in the hearts of Statue-City slums.

Shardminds
Crystal-people made from the remains of some kind of psionics-stopping gate or something. They want to restore the gate, whether by repairing the old one, replacing it, or just destroying each other and hoping the remains will fix it.
With some work, the race could be turned into the remains of an old god/City-Statue, presumably one whose god was killed after the Statues had grown far too large to support themselves without divine power. Of course, at the end of the process, they wouldn't much resemble Shardminds. Still, food for thought.

Warforged
Warforged, being artificial life, are an interesting counterpoint to the biopunk products of Stitchery. There are all sorts of ways they could fit in, from cheap labor which doesn't require nearly as much infrastructure or supplies to attempts at mass producing worshipers to help fuel the gods.

Maenads
A seafaring race wracked by emotional turmoil...and also psionic power. And dermal crystals, I think? They tend to prefer living among their own, perhaps because others don't understand or sympathize with irregular emotional outbursts. They would take to the sea, like hadozee, though more often in maenad crews than scattered among others. They would also be more likely to actually work for a specific god, or perhaps even to have raised one of their own.
Incidentally, while I was able to find fluff information for most races (including psionic ones) on D&D wikis, I couldn't find anything like that for maenads. I hope the Pathfinder stuff is accurate enough!

Tibbits
Imagine if kender had privacy issues instead of property issues, but knew how to stay out of sight and out of mind. Also imagine that they turned into housecats. That's something close to tibbits. I imagine that the secret-hungry little scamps would love the insides of Statue-Cities, and that the local powers that be would similarly love to turn them on their political enemies.

Vryloka
Remember what I said about spellscales? Make all of that less subtle and make them vampiric instead of draconic, and you're in the ballpark.

Frost and Hill Giants
...Why are those, specifically, listed?
Never mind. True giants (and likely other giants) have always suffered from having relatively small population numbers (despite each individual number being at least 15 feet tall) and generally living in isolated, unproductive regions. This would hinder their ability to compete in statue-building races, especially once the statues grew to the point that their greater size wasn't as helpful as things like material science or architectural experience (which they had no inherent advantage in). Some might be hired or enslaved by the City-Statues, but definitely not in the Statues themselves. Pagans would likely be friendlier.

Pixies
They have an anarchic worldview and powers which would serve to annoy a City-Statue more than aid them. This makes them unlikely to be accepted within their walls, but likely to be accepted by pagans near divine Domains.

Hamadryads
The 4e hamadryad is essentially a dryad lite, both in the sense of having fewer powers and in the sense of not being quite so tied to their tree. Somehow, I don't see them getting along with the hyperurbanized Statue-Cities and their churches; however, there could easily be some hamadryads scattered around pagan settlements in woody areas.

Killoren
While their fluff is different than hamadryads, the end result is similar; uncommon in pagan areas, unheard of elsewhere.

Spirit Folk
Different from the above yet again, but still with ties to the natural world. Same thing.

Uldra
Semi-generic fae-people: Now glacier-compatible!

Vanara
While not fae-ey like the previous batch, they fall into the same niche. They're monkey-people, so they technically probably shouldn't go here, but screw it.

Volodni
They seem like they fit in the same niche, but they don't!
The Volodni are tree-people, sworn to protect the forest, but there's a twist. They didn't originally want to! They were forced to accept this fate when their ancestors, demon-binding refugees from some Forgotton Realms thing, were given an ultimatum by the treant whose woods they came to. This coercion leads to some interesting possibilities.

Kender
Despised as much as in any setting. If kender exist in this world, they would likely end up congregating in kender communities within the Statue-Cities, possibly sharing space with other small people who can tolerate their childish behavior.

Elani
Humans who made themselves immortal psi-ubermenschen. Aside from people trying to reproduce the techniques used to make elan, I don't see these being much use. And if there was a chance that they'd be turned into Elan instead, they wouldn't even have that.

Kalashtar
Human monks who made them selves excellent psionicists by letting spirits possess them for generations, until the connection became obligately symbiotic. Again, not much more to bring up aside from people trying to reproduce that.

Skulk
The underclass of an old ancient empire, the proto-skulks solidified their untouchable status with a ritual that made them naturally stealthy and eeevil. I don't see anyone especially wanting to replicate this one, but the idea of an old empire's (read: deity's) underclass transforming themselves into something new is interesting.

Xeph
Psionic anti-nihilistic existentialists. (Any philosophy majors in the crowd? Feel free to look these guys up and tell me how badly I butchered those terms.) They prefer to live in small, tight-knit direct democracies, which could possibly exist buried in the bowels of the Statue-Cities but would likely be more common out in the Parishes. They tend to be far more religiously tolerant than most in a world like this would be.

Shifters
Humans who can kinda turn into animals. Not much to say. Constant minority and underclass. Any anti-lycanthrope prejudice would transfer to them. Perhaps they'd have a bit more tolerance in pagan areas?

Hengeyokai
Animals who can turn into humans. Kinda. Like hamadryads, probably not common, especially not in gods' Domains. Unlike hamadryads, they are specifically stated to generally stay away from humanoid settlements.

Skarn
Inarnum-infused humanoids who arrogantly think themselves perfect because they have a few spines on their arms. They worship their own Incarnum instead of any god, which makes "Incarnum" sound like some kind of euphemism. As another godless race, and one which looks down on basically everything, the Skarn have some potential. Some.

Feral Garguns
Savages among savages, feral garguns are descendants of goliaths and true giants who were forced into the far north.
Feral garguns would likely be seen as little more than monsters in the northern wastes, and not without fair reasoning.

Neanderthal
While not as savage as garguns, neanderthals are even less likely to show up because...well...the idea just kinda clashes with the fantasy aesthetic, you know?

Azurin
Being humans touched by Incarnum, Azurin would just be normal guys. However, their unusual talent with Incarnum means they would likely be strongly encouraged to train their abilities and join the Heralds (and those who don't often end up as Soulborn gutterbats or in the service of some corrupt official or gang lord).

Shadar-Kai
People constantly at risk of losing their souls if they don't feel extreme enough emotions make for interesting characters, but lousy societies, especially when they tend to live on a completely different dimension than most of the world. The risk of turning into a wraith means they'd likely be shunned, especially in the dense Statue-Cities, where they risk starting a plague.

Kir-lanan
Gargoyles crossed with dread necromancers, essentially. Born from dying gods. The idea of creatures born from dying gods is interesting, and probably worth exploring if we ever get to detailing the history of the world, but the specific race is sorta meh.

Synad
Psionic people with three minds. Tend to seem introverted, because they already have a crowd inside.

Korobokuru
While civilized (if rustic), the korobokuru manage to be nonentities on the world stage by being fiercely isolationist.

Shadarkim
Humans turned into quasi-orcs via original sin. Original sin is one of those ideas which really bothers me*, and it leads to several others, so I'm already a bit biased against these guys. Beyond that, they're basically humans who everyone treats like orcs, but who consider themselves to be something else. There are interesting story opportunities there, but few that intersect meaningfully with the unique parts of this setting.
*A big part of it being how people try to defend the goodness of a guy who condemned an entire species for the actions of just a couple.
Rilkans
Born adventurers who usually integrate into other societies.

Taer
Taers don exits.
The Taer are a bunch of big, ape-like things that make garguns look civilized. They, too, live in the frozen north.

Revenants
Hellbred with boring backstories.

Dvati
Twins with one mind. Circus sideshows or maybe quirky Heralds.

Stonechild
They're half-elementals. They tend to be utilitarian and live among other races. That's about it.

Unbodied
These are ghost-brains!

Spoiler: Subterranean Races
Show

Specifically, odd and/or rare ones.

Grimlock
Me Grimlock no can read, but can work well in total dark. Of course, me Grimlock not only one can do this in world where most creature types have 60-foot darkvision standard. Me Grimlock also tend not to be found in large, organized groups. Me Grimlock not want to be in Statue-City anyways.
...Also, no, me Grimlock badly referencing Transformers is not weird.

Gloamings
Rare shadowy people, nomads who are mostly found in the Underdark on the rare occasions when they are found. They tend to settle in areas with alignments opposed to their own, and shun organized religion. Basically, they're a race of bandits, or at least would act and/or be treated like it.

Deep Imaskari
"Heirs to the lost empire of Imaskar"? I'm seeing another Aventi-ish backstory. Replace water with earth, drop the bit about being on an island, and invent some explanation for how their statue and/or society survived that doesn't involve sinking underwater, and there you go.

Slyth
Products of experimentation on humans and/or oozes, or possibly of human/elemental lovin' (those are seriously the two possibilities given for their origin), slyth are essentially muddy shapeshifters. They get along with evil underground humanoids, but hate the Underdark's aberrations. They're kinda neat, and might be able to function interestingly in the slums of the Statue-Cities, but they're also weird and don't really mesh with what makes this setting unique.

Underfolk
Morlocks, but with a more generic name.

Gargoyles
Gargoyles are less actively savage than, say, garguns, but also less social and about as unlikely to find their way to areas populated by large civilizations. I'd call them even less notable. Why does Wikipedia bother to mention them?

Spoiler: Desert Races
Show

Deserts aren't the most common biome, and by definition are pretty much the least fertile. Any race native to such lands would have limited numbers and more limited power.

Armand
The Armand are Eberron-native Communist armadillo-scholars, a little like a cross between Air Nomads, the Took clan, and plate armor. They live in deserts, and also burrow.
Between being nomadic and living in harsh deserts, the armand are never going to be a major race. Their numbers will be too few, and their idols limited to small, portable ones. They would likely live outside the Domains of the great gods, with young wardens frequently hoping to join various ministries to travel the land and learn what they can. How accepting the ministries will be depends on the god, ministers, and armand involved.
Of course, some gods will enslave any armand tribes they find, perhaps exploiting their durability and small size to dislodge sewage clogs or similar infrastructure issues. Non-enslaved armand communes would likely hunker down in more-stationary burrows, or perhaps live with asherati or other subsaburran* races.

*"Saburra" is Latin for "sand". Or "grit," or "ballast," or whatever.

Asherati
Humanlike but hairless, the Asherati are to sand dunes as merfolk are to waves. The Asherati trade by day but steal by night.
Asherati would likely not enjoy living in City-Statues, since sand is a terrible building material for load-bearing structures. (Citation: Matthew 7:26) City-Statues with lots of Asherati might have special sand-tubes for them to swim through, but it would probably make more sense to have extra water-tubes for aquatic races to swim through; water is lighter, after all, and more useful.
If Asherati were integrated into a greater god's Domain, they would likely live in the Parishes, maintaining subsaburran settlements for anyone who

Crucians
Despite the name, crucians have more in common with tortoises than crabs. Either way, they're tough and territorial. Each band controls an oasis, meaning that they're more settlement-oriented than most desert folk. They regularly raid one another (for what, it isn't clear), aside from every couple of decades when a great leader brings a bunch of bands together to raid cooler lands, returning once they realize that they're not actually an evil race. In times of peace, they like to try and draw as much information out of the other party as possible without revealing their own; they like knowing how people think, allies or enemies. This doesn't make them fun at parties.
I don't see the crucians getting far. At best, they'd be left semi-autonomous in exchange for supporting one god's desert ventures. At worst, they'd end up enslaved. Being as tough as they are, and how few people would care about them, they would likely be sent to work in dangerous areas.

Templates (especially Lich)
Go home, Wikipedia, you're drunk.

Spoiler: Half-breeds
Show

In general, half-breeds will be more like whichever parent race whose culture raised them, with some tendencies of their other parent race (particularly those caused by outside pressures or expectations). Throw in some standard stuff about being trapped between two worlds and you're done.
Half-breeds will be more common in cosmopolitan areas, like most Statue-Cities. Speaking of which...

Spoiler: Race in the Statue-Cities
Show

In many worlds, "race" and "nation" might as well be synonymous (except for humans, who have many nations, and savage races, which have none). No reason for that to be the case here! (Partly because I think that's dumb.) While most gods once had a congregation composed almost entirely of one race, any god which wants to succeed has to be willing to include most anyone with the proper talents.
That doesn't mean racism doesn't exist, of course. It just means that the typical reaction to a gnoll is to shun and ignore it, not to run away or kill it. Generally. (If you'e in Crime Alley and encounter a member of a race known for being criminals, you would likely assume that that guy is a criminal and not a victim fleeing from an elvish mugger.)

At the top of the "racial hierarchy" in most "non-evil" City-Statues are humans, elves, and a few rarer races with social grace, talent, and a willingness to accept their ultimate dominance. These guys are who you find at the upper ranks of society, and are disproportionately represented in basically any position which holds a modicum of power. Then you have dwarves, halflings, gnomes, and other races which are similar to humanity in appearance, reasonably cordial with them, and have enough useful skills to not be liabilities. They're sometimes found in positions of power, but less frequently, and they often have to deal with patronizing attitudes from those higher than them when it comes to things outside their race's stereotypical areas of expertise. Even if that individual happens to have that as their personal area of expertise.
It just gets worse from here. Next on down are dromites, minotaurs, flying people, and others who have extremely useful skills or abilities, but which look...well...ugly. There's still not much open discrimination against them, but they are heavily pressured to stay in their place, almost never get a position of power beyond supervising their prescribed specialty, and are often feared when they don't and misblamed for crimes which had nothing to do with them. Next are the various big, strong, savage races which are good at some kind of hard labor, but also look ugly and scary. They're generally thought to be thugs and criminals, which sometimes turns into a self-fulfilling prophecy. This is where you start to see frequent open discrimination, with such races often being lumped together as "savages," even if individuals are more civilized and polite than an establishment's typical human clientele. Finally, you have races which are just plain hated; some have all the negative history associated with the savages and none of the usefulness, others refuse to fit in (or can't), and still others (e.g, tieflings) just have such powerful negative associations that it overrides anything positive individuals or even communities might accomplish.
These categories are far from concrete. They're blurry, informal, and vary between people and groups. Dwarves are generally in the second "rung," but their abrasiveness and the perception of an extremely specialized skillset means they're sometimes treated more like minotaurs and other "useful monsters". Dragonkin are big, "savage" fliers, which puts them somewhere between that and the general "savage" rung. And so on.

Obviously, City-Statues not run by humans or elves are going to look different. Many evil races will have more formalized racial categories. Dwarves are going to value or look down on races differently than humans would. And so on.

Also, a few random spells I thought of that would be good to include, just to make City-Statue-builders' lives easier.
Spoiler
Show

Column of Iron
Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 7
This spell functions like wall of iron, except that it creates a cylinder of iron instead of a plane. The cylinder is one foot across per caster level, and twenty feet long; the length may be quadrupled by halving the diameter.
Material Component: An iron rod plus gold dust worth 50 gp

Mound of Stone
Conjuration (Creation) [Earth]
Level: Clr 6, Drd 7, Sor/Wiz 6
This spell functions like wall of stone, except that it creates one five-foot cubes of stone per caster level (instead of a five-foot square).
Arcane Material Component: A chunk of granite at least twice the size of the caster's fist.

Wall of Branches
Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Drd 5, Sor/Wiz 5
This spell functions like Wall of Thorns, except that it creates a wall of non-thorny wood and vines. This wall is solid enough to support weight, and the Strength check DC required to push through increases to 30, but does not make it harder to cut or burn through. The wall does not cause damage to anyone touching or moving through it. The caster creates five 5-foot cubes of wall per level.
Wood shape may be used to transform this wall into a solid wooden wall, which cannot be moved through without destroying it. This also makes it more difficult to burn or smash; use the rules for normal wooden walls.

Next will probably be looking at the big D&Deities to see how their Domains would run in this world. I'm planning to include all the deities in the 3.5 PHB as major players, as well as Lolth and maybe Kurtulmak, and would like to hear suggestions about what others y'all think are worth adding in some significant respect.