Well, I was under the impression that a dwarf needed to die in combat, or in the process of saving another dwarf's life. So in #947, had Durkon's mom and the man who fell from the ladder both died, she would have gone to the plane that matched her alignment, because that would have been an honorable death. However, the man who fell from the ladder might have ended up with Hel, since he died because he fell from a ladder, in a way not considered particularly honorable. (A quote from Burlew is mentioned a few posts up as saying that some dwarves lived lives of pure saintliness and honor, yet ended up in Hel because of the particular way in which they died i.e. choking on a chiken bone). I think the dwarven system of honor is kind of like how we've imagined the Vikings or Asgardians to be - death in combat above all else secures you the avoidance of Hel. So a CE dwarf could maximize his chances of avoiding Hel by picking murderous fights all the time, because if he died in one of them, it would count as a death by honor. I don't think the dwarven system of honor is something that we, as humans, would recognize as a system of honor. It's very "blue and orangeish."