View Single Post

Thread: The Last Jedi - There At First.. wait

1. - Top - End - #321
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Last Jedi - There At First.. wait

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    The chase was a joke, cuz i can name three different reasons why the Rebels should be dead.

1. The 6 Star Destroyers never fired when they came out of Hyperspace, it was all the Supremacy. As far as i can tell, there is no reason for this except that it would kill our protagonists, which is the FOs goal.

2. They should have been swarmed with TIEs. There are 6 Star Destroyers (and another 2 docked in the Supremacy) which have a grand total of 16 Wings of TIE fighters between them. Now, if a Wing means the same that it did for the Galactic Empire (and i have no reason to assume it doesnt) that is a grand total of 1152 TIE Fighters, as one wing is 6 squadrons and a squadron is 12 fighters. Considering the damage Kylo and his two wingmen did by themselves, the TIEs should have annihilated the Rebels.

3. The First Order could do a micro jump. Since the FO has no fuel constraints (and i hate that thats a thing now) they could have siply jumped to a point a parsec or two in front of the Rebels and turned around to hem them in. They have enough ships to do this with little trouble.

Im sure i could come up with more, but the point is the strategy of "chase them down till their out of fuel" was one of the worst ones possible and the only reason it was chosen is because the plot says that our heroes must be alive.
    Not sure what you're getting at with the first comment. They spend basically the whole move firing on them.

As for the other two points, they're conserving resources. They're not that large an organization, not enough to take over an entire galaxy. Wasting resources is a thing. Also, if it wasn't clear, Hux is enjoying this chase. He knows he can wait them out and playfully pick their ships apart at his leisure, and he's enjoying it. So why end it now? He's won, he can wait.

Also, haaah. Getting upset at space ships having to worry about fuel. I don't get what this is a complaint in the slightest.

It wasn't chosen because it means our heroes live. It was chosen because Hux is a sadistic ****er that wants to torture them slowly with the inevitibility of their death. And it backfired on him hard.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2017-12-19 at 05:04 PM.