Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
I sincerely admire you for putting this up. A lot of artists/creative types in general want to erase their old work from history, but while I'm sympathetic to the impulse I also think it's kind of problematic.
What's wrong with throwing it to the chimney? Most of it is actually worthless clutter a lot of the time. The first step to being decent at something is sucking at it, and we all produce a ton of crap for quite a while, heck improvement is reminding yourself you still suck and should get better at it. But the impulse to burn, while occasionally may be to hide atrocities, a lot of the time is just because it's just pointless clutter. It's not useful for the most part.

A ton of work has no technical or artistic merit to keep around, at best it's just a reference point to see how one improves but that's IT pretty much. Others can see it, and... they really shouldn't use it as a reference or baseline. If it's funny or nostalgic it serves other purposes but none of those artistic properly.

On the other hand all art posted is art that will eventually be an embarrassment just from the passing of time and the increase in experience. So might as well contribute to the process.

Spoiler: Actually Not Art
Show