Quote Originally Posted by Liquor Box View Post
Go for it, you have more to gain than to lose - it is worth it even if there's only a small chance that she's into you. Lots of people meet through work, so there's nothing wrong with taking the risk. The chances of being reported to HR would be slim so long as aren't too persistent or forceful.

You could mitigate the risk of awkwardness or her being spooked by making your invitation causal "hey that movie we were looking forward to opens next week, want to see it?", then suggesting eating beforehand and drinks afterward, rather than "I find you comely and ebullient so would give me the pleasure of your company....".
Sadly, the movie we were both looking forward to has already come out. That's a good suggestion, though. Is there a culturally accepted standard (in the northern US) for asking people on dates? I'm unfamiliar with the etiquette involved.

Quote Originally Posted by dehro View Post
if your work situation allows for coffee breaks, or something similar, and she takes them, try to have them together. See if you can make this a habit and she responds to it. Ideally she'll start waiting for you/seeking you out for such breaks, which usually indicates she finds your company interesting enough. strike up meaningful conversations with her during those times, by which I mean conversations in which you get to learn more about her.
If the things you learn about her leave you still attracted to her and it seems to you that what you share about yourself doesn't scare her away, invite her to something social based on expressed common interests. Wait for when you know each other better to express your interest. It will have more meaning and be less superficial.
or, you kknow, just invite her for coffee... preferably before your shift starts. that way you will defeat the possibility that she wants to rush home and to bed after work and you can actually get a conversation started that might keep you engaged during coffee breaks or further interactions
I am concerned that it might seem creepy if I suddenly adjust my schedule to coincide with her breaks, particularly as I would have to pay an inordinate amount of attention to when she takes them.